FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
Contact: Melanie Gravdal
VIVA LA FRANCE!
As France Opens, the Globus Family of Brands Helps to Welcome Travelers Back
LITTLETON, Colorado – June 8, 2021 – With its quaint village market squares, ivy-clad café terraces and all-around cultural savoir faire, France offers the ultimate travel seduction. And, it’s opening to fully vaccinated American travelers this week (June 9). The Globus family of brands is ready to help lead wayfarers and wanderers back to enjoy the wonder and wonderment of France, from iconic landmarks like Eiffel and Versailles to landmark museums, galleries and ateliers via NEW and revered river cruises, Small-Group Discovery tours and Paris city getaways.
“With its signature French boulangeries, bistros, charming chateaus and chilled Champagne, France is a travelers’ ticket to AWE-some,” said Steve Born, chief marketing officer for the Globus family of brands. “And no one offers more ways for travelers to plan their comeback to France, this year or next, than Globus, Cosmos, Avalon Waterways and Monograms.”
NEW – and Revered – River Cruises: Stir-up a dish passed down through generations or mix-up paints on a palate? Warm-up with a morning guided sightseeing walk or chill-out during a wine tasting? Wander the halls of history or step-through the ruins of an ancient castle? Travelers are invited to do these things – and so much more – on a Suite Ship sailing through France thanks to Avalon Waterways’ NEW Active & Discovery cruises, featuring Avalon Choice excursions, along the Moselle and Seine Rivers.
“Untethered and full of opportunities to infuse interests and passions into each cruise, our Active & Discovery vacations feature extraordinary – included – activities that give travelers the choices they crave,” said Born. “The average number of included excursions on these special cruises – giving travelers countless opportunities to customize their cruise – is 22.”
Highlights for Avalon’s NEW Active & Discovery on the Moselle cruise include:
- Paddle a canoe on the mighty Moselle River
- Hike up to Landshut Castle in Bernkastel
- Bike through the Moselle Valley near Cochem
- Enjoy a wine-tasting in the Moselle Valley
- Take a walk through history, visiting one of Germany’s oldest mustard mills
- Visit a famous local brewery in Koblenz and taste a classic brew
- Walk the winding streets of Cochem and spend the afternoon at Reichsburg Castle
- Visit the medieval marketplace of Bernkastel
- Take a guided tour of the famous Frankenstein castle
The company’s NEW 9-day Seine cruise features 23 Avalon Choice excursions, including:
- Kayak along the Seine river, near Rouen
- Hike up to the castle ruins of Château Gaillard, the historic home of Richard the Lionheart
- Take an e-bike tour to the Château de Maisons-Lafitte
- Enjoy a cocktail workshop in Palais Benedictine where world-famous Benedictine liquor is made
- Discover the legends of the haunted Abbey de Mortemere
- Learn about the Normandy cheese trail and taste traditional pastries
- Visit the WWII landing beaches of Normandy and the American Cemetery
- Learn the history of Joan of Arc on a walking tour of Rouen
- Walk in the footsteps of Vincent van Gogh in Auvers-sur-Oise
One of these special French river cruise departures is also included in the company’s new Storyteller Series of sailings, featuring celebrity host Candace Bushnell on Sex & the City of Lights – an Active & Discovery on the Seineitinerary – departing on July 19, 2022.
Small-Group Discovery Tours: From the beautiful, azure seas of the French Riviera to vibrant Paris, France delights all the senses, so it makes sense that some of the Globus family of brands’ most popular tours feature this popular destination, including NEW Small-Group Discovery departures on Globus’ WWII Landing Beaches & Battle of Normandy and Paris, Normandy & Châteaux Country or Cosmos’ Paris, Normandy & the Loire.
“With an average of 20 guests per departure, our Small-Group Discovery vacations promises room to roam, while getting up-close and personal to fascinating places,” said Born.
And, for those who want to leave the group behind entirely, Monograms offers travelers the opportunity to get behind-the-scenes and scenery insight in Paris via city getaway vacation packages, featuring the on-site services of a Local Host, freedom to explore and unparalleled storytelling from local guides.
For travelers ready to make their comeback plan to Paris, the French Riviera, the postcard-perfect countryside and everything in-between, contact a Globus family of brands’ Vacation Planner or preferred travel advisor today!
# # #